Oct 9, 2011

"She who cannot howl...

will not find her pack."

This quote jumped off the page of my favorite book right now.
It is a quote by Charles Simic.



To me, it speaks about the wild side of the woman,
the one that is made to be tame.
The primal inside of us.
If you lose your voice, and you cannot speak your truth,
with confidence,
you will not find the place where you really belong.
Always be true to yourself.

I tattoo'd it onto my throat chakra,
because as a Taurus, this is my weak spot.
(and I've already known this.. every illness I've ever had has been to do with these areas)


And for the curious, this was not a very painful tattoo..
Maybe because it was only 20 minutes long
or because it is very thin and tender skin...
my arm/elbow hurt much more
(skin that has been sunburned is thicker and harder to penetrate)



2 comments:

  1. I found this quote today in the book "Women running with wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes and am right now trying to work on expressing the wild woman that I am too :) It's amazing that you did it around your throat because that's my weak point too (I lose my voice once a year!) so I think this is a beautiful tattoo ! Good luck in your life journey ! Aurélie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aurélie! Blessings to you on your journey as well!

      Delete